Sunday, October 9, 2011

Aim to Exercise Twice a Week for 30 Minutes.

So we're supposed to exercise five times a week for 30 minutes, but I honestly don't remember the last time I managed to do that. Busy schedules and a lack of motivation prevent me from exercising anywhere near as much as I am supposed to. So what do I do about this?

I set myself an easy, but attainable goal, each week. That is, I plan to exercise just twice a week but I plan to do that EVERY week. Some weeks are busier than others, sometimes the weather is grey and I don’t feel like working out, and sometimes I am away on vacation. But no matter what, two half an hour sessions for the good of my health are just as important as everything else in my life. So I get up half an hour earlier than usual on a Saturday and one day of the week and I pack in a thirty minutes workout session. I do this at the start of the day before  other things can get in the way and while my energy levels are high.


At times, I get over enthusiastic with my fitness regime and I start working out every day, but usually, this is something I cannot stick to. So why not set myself goals that I can achieve and sustain long term!

No comments:

Post a Comment